The UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute was founded in 1999 in a pioneering effort to bring clinicians and researchers into closer collaboration. Today, it is a collaboration of the UC College of Medicine and UC Health.
Our diverse group of more than 125 faculty members from 15 clinical specialties lead treatment, research and teaching for complex neurological and psychiatric conditions. In addition to internationally recognized physicians and scientists, the institute includes skilled professionals in social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, physical therapy, exercise training and clinical research. Our disease-specific, multidisciplinary centers of excellence and premier programs provide comprehensive and compassionate care driven by cutting-edge research to deliver the best possible patient outcomes.
We are the Tri-State area’s only:
- Comprehensive Stroke Center (certified by the Joint Commission)
- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award Winner from the American Heart Association / American Stroke Association
- Level IV (highest) Epilepsy Center and only center with an inpatient epilepsy monitoring unit
- Level I (highest) Trauma Center and Neurocritical Care facility
- Provider of solutions for treatment-resistant depression