With the most technologically advanced equipment and a highly trained imaging staff, UC Health is the best place for your mammography exam – a test that could save your life.
Schedule your mammogram today by calling 513-584-PINK (7465).
- Physician orders aren’t needed for screening mammograms.
- Same-day appointments are usually available.
A screening mammogram is an imaging examination of the breast using X-rays. The purpose of this test is to detect breast cancer early when lumps are less than 2 centimeters or smaller (most lumps are not felt by the hand when they are 1 centimeters or less in diameter).
According to the American Cancer Society, regular clinical breast exams for women beginning at age 20, and screening mammograms for women age 40 and older, are essential ways to ensure your breasts are healthy.
Early detection of breast cancer means that treatment can be started earlier in the course of the disease, possibly before it has spread. If you have a family history of breast cancer, you should consult with your physician for age appropriate screening.
View and print a brochure on how to properly perform a breast self exam.
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Having a stereotactic breast biopsy offers the following advantages:
- One step, minimally invasive procedure
- Performed with local anesthesia
- Lower cost
- Quick return to normal activities
- High accuracy rate
West Chester Hospital Bone Health Clinic
Early detection using bone density (DXA) scanning is the best way to protect your self from the potentially debilitating effects of osteoporosis. Our new bone health clinic is located within the UC Health Physicians Office South building, adjacent to the hospital. The Bone Health Clinic provides bone density and osteoporosis testing services, and our compassionate and expert imaging technologists will provide highest-quality care in a soothing and healing environment.
We treat the following conditions:
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta in adults
- Paget’s Disease of Bone
- Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Computed tomography (CT) scanning
- In-office zoledronic acid (generic Reclast) and Prolia injections
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Parathyroid technetium sestamibi localization scanning
- State-of-the art DXA bone density testing
- Vertebral fracture assessment studies
- Whole body scans
The Clinic’s “Hologic Discovery W QDR” bone mineral density system is the latest in DXA scanning technology. This state-of-the-art device helps detect, diagnose and monitor the treatment of osteoporosis through superior image resolution, accuracy and precision.
This system provides cutting-edge skeletal and vertebral assessment to diagnose vertebral compression fractures, which are prevalent in women over 50 years of age and can strongly predict future fracture risk.
All DXA scan interpretations at the bone health clinic are performed by experienced endocrinologists certified by the International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD), along with clinical reports on:
- The patients’ DXA score compared to past bone density results if data is available
- The patients’ score compared to others in her age group
- 10-year probability of fracture risk
We offer a weekly Bone Health Clinic, which focuses exclusively on diagnosis, evaluation and management of patients with osteoporosis and other metabolic bone disorders.
Our combination of easy access, comfort, state-of-the-art technology, and comprehensive reporting will prove invaluable in supporting your patients.
Please call (513) 475-UC4U (8248) to make an appointment.