Leaders in Using Technology to Connect Patients and Providers
UC Health Telehealth Network connects providers and patients through technology. Telehealth extends the expert care of UC Health to providers across the region and to our patients — wherever they are and at every stage of care.
As the region’s only academic medical center, we strive to be an innovator and leader in the use of technology to bring quality care to our patients, conveniently and efficiently.
UC Health Telehealth Network services include:
- Real-time patient video visits. UC Health providers meet with patients over encrypted video for scheduled appointments.
- Specialist video consultations. UC Health providers are available for urgent or emergent consultations with other providers in the region. An example of this is our UC Health TeleStroke Program.
- Home monitoring. UC Health providers monitor patients in their own homes to ensure better outcomes and to avoid potential complications.
- Video case conferences/education. Technology connects professionals to enhance training and share expertise.
- Store-and-Forward. UC Health providers review images and records for other providers in the region.
The benefits of telehealth for patients include:
- Less travel and more convenient access to UC Health’s specialized care providers
- Improved outcomes from ongoing monitoring to enable quick action
Telehealth enables providers to:
- Connect with UC Health specialists from anywhere for consultations or referrals
- Improve care coordination and the patient experience
- Participate in conferences and education programs