UC Health Ophthalmology is the regional program of choice for adult and pediatric patients requiring ophthalmic care. Our highly specialized physicians provide eye care services and subspecialty services to patients with a broad spectrum of ophthalmic disorders, abnormalities and trauma. UC Health Ophthalmology treats patients at University of Cincinnati Medical Center and the UC Health Physicians Office in Clifton, and has a direct link to the only eye pathology lab in the region.
UC Health Ophthalmology physicians have been consistently recognized by Best Doctors in America and Top Doctors in Cincinnati, designations that honor the best in quality patient care. Several of our physicians are world-renowned in their subspecialty areas, and are frequently invited to lecture to both national and international audiences. Access to an independently funded research department and a world-renowned eye center enable us to use cutting edge research and treatments to provide our patients with the highest level of care.
As a major referral center, UC Health Ophthalmology manages patients with all levels of eye trauma and injury. This deep level of subspecialized care is one of the many reasons University of Cincinnati Medical Center is designated as a Level I trauma center.
UC Health Ophthalmology services and subspecialties include:
- Comprehensive ophthalmic diagnostic and therapeutic services
- Cataract evaluation and surgery
- Corneal transplantation
- Laser refractive surgery
- Laser treatment of retinal diseases
- Treatment of retinal detachment
- Repair of eyelid position abnormalities
- Orbital and facial reconstructive procedures
- Diagnosis and treatment of intraocular tumors, eyelid tumors and orbital tumors
- Neuro-ophthalmologic evaluation and management
- Evaluation and surgical correction of ocular malalignment (strabismus)
- Cataract and anterior segment surgery
- Limbal stem cell transplantation surgery
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Ocular oncology