Behind every number is a patient, which is why we strive to provide the best possible stroke care in the region. Here’s how the UC Comprehensive Stoke Center performed in 2016:
Total number of stroke patients treated at UCMC:
- Ischemic stroke: 645
- Hemorrhagic (bleeding) stroke: 306
The UC Stroke Team responded to over 4,000 calls from hospitals in the Tri-State area in regards to treating stroke patients.
- Percent of time that UCMC provided the highest quality of care by meeting all Joint Commission core measures is 95.1%
- Total number of aneurysms treated: 102
- Total number of endovascular reperfusion procedures (removal of acute blood clot): 99
- Number of physicians specializing in Stroke/Vascular Neurology: 11
- Number of physicians specializing in Neuroscience Intensive Care: 12
- Zero patients with adverse events from carotid endarterectomy, a surgical procedure to remove plaque and restore blood flow
- Average time from arrival at UCMC to when clot-busting medication is given is 40.8 minutes. Nationally this goal is less than 45 minutes.