West Chester Hospital’s Imaging Department features only the most advanced diagnostic imaging equipment because we understand that quality and clarity are vitally important to providing the most accurate test results for our patients and their physicians. We offer the latest medical technology, timely appointments, convenience and highly trained experts who are committed to exemplary patient service.
Our services include:
Dedicated women’s imaging center
West Chester Hospital offers the newest technology in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). The state-of-the-art Vantage Titan™ MRI improves diagnostic capabilities and provides a more comfortable experience for patients. The “ultra short-bore” closed MRI features a redesigned magnet – the large ring in which a patient lies for the scan – with a wider opening and a shorter ring that doesn’t completely enclose the patient. This makes testing more manageable for claustrophobic and larger size patients, while providing sharper images than an open MRI.We offer vascular, brain, neurological, musculoskeletal, spine, pancreatic, breast, cardiac, non-contrast runoffs, and dynamic renal and liver studies through our MRI department. Read More about MRI.
Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan is a non-invasive, high-resolution scanning technology that combines metabolic and anatomic imaging. Utilizing PET /CT ensures diagnostic accuracy, and greater clarity when reviewing abnormal tissue. Why choose PET/CT at West Chester Hospital?
- PET /CT detects more sites of metastasis than other modalities.
- In a national study, PET /CT was shown to change the treatment plan for 43.1% of oncology patients.
- PET /CT is more sensitive and specific than CT alone.
- PET /CT can differentiate Alzheimer’s Disease from other forms of dementia.
- PET /CT is commonly used in oncology, neurology and cardiology for diagnosis, treatment planning and disease management.
- West Chester Hospital offers the most advanced equipment, timely appointments, convenience and highly trained experts committed to exemplary patient service
- PET/CT appointments are available every Saturday. Speak with your physician about whether PET/CT is right for you.
We offer two Toshiba Aquillion™ 64-slice computerized tomography (CT) scanners, which use high resolution computer images to examine the abdomen, chest, head, pelvis, spine and other areas of the body. Our CT team can also perform complex tests such as:
- CT angiography – creates images of arteries throughout the body to assess patients with chest pain, visualize stent placement and study congential heart defects.
- Cardiac calcium scoring – measure calcification in the coronary arteries to determine risk of heart disease.
- Electrophysiology – monitor your heart rhythm to determine if a rhythm problem is present, and what can be done to control it.
- Vascular imaging – provide images of the veins, especially the aorta, carotid and renal arteries.
West Chester Hospital offers laparoscopic cryoablation, a minimally invasive surgical procedure that freezes and destroys small kidney tumors. For some patients, it may offer an alternative to open surgery or partial removal of the kidneys. Traditional surgery for tumor removal requires a 10- to 12-inch incision, but laparoscopic cryoablation requires only three to four button-hole-sized incisions. Guided by CT monitoring, a surgeon uses very thin surgical instruments to remove the tumor by freezing it with the tip of a probe.