The adult (18+) volunteer program runs year round and encompasses many different areas of the hospital, from the information desk, to the gift shop, same day surgery, marketing, maintenance, and many more. Applications can be a submitted at any time, and applicants are contacted periodically throughout the year as opportunities become available.
- Volunteers must be available for a minimum of one, four-hour shift per week for a minimum of six months
- Volunteers must purchase a volunteer uniform, consisting of a jacket or polo shirt
- Volunteers must attend a mandatory orientation and training session
- Volunteers must pass a tuberculosis (TB) test, provided at no cost by West Chester Hospital
- Volunteers are required to have an annual influenza (flu) vaccine for their own protection and the safety of our patients.