UC Health Transplant Surgery provides comprehensive medical and surgical care for patients requiring kidney, pancreas and liver transplantation. We have extensive clinical expertise in the areas of:
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy
- Immunosuppressive drug development
- Corticosteroid elimination
- Laparoscopic liver surgery
- Dialysis access research
- Paired kidney donation programs
Our collaboration with every subspecialty across the UC Health system ensures an in-depth, personalized level of care and supportive services unmatched in the region.
Experience Makes the Difference
Recognized by both Best Doctors in America and Top Doctors in Cincinnati, UC Health Transplant Surgery is one of the most active transplantation programs in Ohio. Through years of experience and involvement in the newest advancements in education and technology, we are experts in liver, kidney and pancreas transplantation. Our proven achievements include:
- An average of 50 liver transplants performed each year.
- More than 500 laparoscopic donor nephrectomies performed since program inception.
- One of the few facilities performing 100 percent of living-donor nephrectomies laparoscopically.
- A paired donation network that continues to grow, increasing access for patients to paired kidney donation programs across the nation.
- An excellent hepatobiliary surgery program for benign and malignant tumors of the pancreas, liver and biliary tree, with more than 1,000 surgical procedures performed.
- One of the world’s most experienced programs for laparoscopic liver resection.
Tomorrow’s Innovations Today
UC Health Transplant Surgery physicians combine their extensive expertise with innovation to support advancements in the field of transplantation. We have developed a world-class immunosuppressive drug development program and are involved in clinical trials exploring the latest in kidney, islet cell and pancreas transplant programs. Funded studies include several large, multicenter trials.