UC Health Radiation Oncology provides outstanding care to patients with cancer. Our goal is to maximize the chances of a cure with as little physical and emotional trauma as possible. It is very important to us that our patients maintain as much comfort and dignity as possible as we help them fight their disease.
Our compassionate and dedicated team includes practicing radiation oncologists, masters level physicists, radiation therapists and other physicians who play key roles in the University of Cincinnati Cancer Institute and the University of Cincinnati Neuroscience Institute.
Groundbreaking Technology for the Most Advanced Cancer Care
UC Health Radiation Oncology delivers the most advanced level of care in the Greater Cincinnati area. Our state-of-the-art facilities house the latest in innovative technology, providing patients with fast, safe and effective treatments that are on the cutting edge of cancer care today.
- Vast experience in the use of stereotactic radiosurgery for the treatment of brain tumors.
- The only Novalis unit in the region, which uses a noninvasive approach to malignancies that is particularly effective for radiosurgical treatment of benign and malignant intracranial tumors.
- Tomotherapy, which combines precise CT-guided imaging with conformal radiation therapy for prostate and other forms of cancer.
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy allows for control of radiation, reducing radiation exposure to healthy surrounding tissue.
- 3-D conformal radiation uses specialized beams of radiation that are shaped to match the tumor.
- Superficial radiation therapy for skin cancer, a painless, noninvasive approach that results in less scarring.
- Complex brachytherapy, where radiation seeds are placed into or next to tumors, allowing high but localized doses of radiation to be delivered. This approach is particularly effective with prostate cancer, soft tissue sarcomas, cancers of the tongue base and oral tongue, brain tumors, ocular melanomas, gynecologic cancers, lung cancer, intra-abdominal tumors and pediatric cancers.
Your Gateway to State-of-the-Art Radiation Therapy
Precision radiotherapy is the most advanced state-of-the-art therapy for treatment of tumors and neurological disorders. UC Health Radiation Oncology is proud to offer high-precision radiotherapy and radiosurgery for tumors and other abnormalities, including benign and malignant tumors of the brain, head and neck, prostate, spine, liver and lung. In addition, we frequently evaluate and treat patients with the following conditions:
- Vascular malformations
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Acoustic neuromas
- Pituitary adenomas
Conveniently located on the UC Health West Chester campus, Precision Radiotherapy offers breakthrough radiation therapy by a compassionate team of internationally recognized specialists.
A Multidisciplinary and Collaborative Approach to Brain Tumors
UC Health Radiation Oncology has particular expertise in the area of central nervous system tumors. Our physicians work closely with the neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, oncologists and pathologists at the UC Neuroscience Institute to provide personalized care for patients with central nervous system tumors.
We also have substantial experience in the treatment of genitourinary cancer and prostate cancer, with physicians who subspecialize in each of these areas. In addition, our approach to head and neck cancers involves careful coordination with a team of head and neck surgeons, diagnostic radiologists, pathologists and medical oncologists. UC Health Radiation Oncology is a regional referral center for patients with these and many other challenging diseases.