UC Health General Surgery offers state-of-the-art endoscopic and minimally invasive surgical approaches, including robotic-assisted procedures. Advanced surgical approaches such as these result in decreased hospital stays, faster recoveries and better outcomes for patients and their families. UC Health General Surgery surgeons provide services at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center and West Chester Hospital. We provide a wide range of surgical specialties and procedures to meet the needs of our patients General Surgery, including surgical solutions for the following:
- Benign and malignant gastric abnormalities
- Swallowing disorders
- Abdominal wall hernias
- Diseases of the endocrine glands
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Colon cancer
UC Health General Surgery has expertise in advanced laparoscopic, bariatric and endocrine surgery as well as benign and malignant diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal glands and pancreas. Affiliation with a strong academic medical center helps UC Health General Surgery stay on the forefront of the latest technology and procedures. Our highly specialized surgeons perform endoscopic, minimally invasive and robotic surgeries. Patients can feel confident that they are receiving the best care in the Tri-State area with UC Health General Surgery. Our physicians are recognized by Best Doctors in America and Top Doctors in Cincinnati, designations that honor the best in quality patient care. We maximize the opportunity for collaboration with our UC Health colleagues in order to give our patients a comprehensive and seamless care experience. This collaboration ensures that you receive the most highly specialized attention available.
Common Surgical Options
A few of the more common types of surgeries are microinvasive and same-day surgery.
- Microinvasive – or minimally invasive – surgery (MIS) offers faster recovery times, shorter hospitalization, less consumption of health care resources, better outcomes, fewer infections, and improved appearances.
- Same Day Surgery – also known as outpatient surgery – features 24 private rooms, each with a bathroom and lockable storage space. When you check in for your surgical procedure, you’ll be ushered to your room for surgery prep, and you will be returned to the same room after your procedure is over. We believe that minimizing the number of times you are moved to new rooms and providing a quiet and private place for you to recover is essential in creating a complete healing experience.
West Chester Hospital Features
At West Chester Hospital, our surgical (perioperative) services department features nine spacious operating room suites, three micro-invasive suites (MIS), four endoscopy suites, 24 same-day surgery rooms, and 20 recovery rooms. Our skilled and experienced surgeons come from all over the Greater Cincinnati area to operate at West Chester Hospital, providing a wide range of surgical specialties to meet the needs of our patients. Take a virtual tour of one of our same day surgery patient rooms.