Site Background Information
UC Health, the University of Cincinnati’s affiliated health system, includes University of Cincinnati Medical Center, ranked one of the best hospitals in the region by U.S. News & World Report; West Chester Hospital, one of Cincinnati’s newest hospitals and the recipient of the 2012 HealthGrades® Outstanding Patient Experience Award™, ranking it above 90 percent of hospitals nationally for patient satisfaction; Daniel Drake Center, Cincinnati’s premier provider of long-term acute care; University of Cincinnati Physicians, Cincinnati’s largest multi-specialty practice group with more than 650 board-certified clinicians and surgeons; Lindner Center of HOPE, the region’s premier mental health center; and several institutions focusing on the areas of cancer, the neurosciences, cardiovascular and diabetes.
UC Health is a system of amazing individual organizations. But together, we are a healthcare powerhouse. With more than 1.2 million patient encounters annually, we offer things no other local health system does. Here’s what sets us apart:
- Our rich history. We’re where Cincinnati medicine began.
- Our physicians. We have physicians in every specialty. They’re ranked among the best and are innovators and leaders in their fields.
- Our partnership with the UC College of Medicine. We train most of the physicians in our community and are the faculty at the College of Medicine.
- Our Academic Medical Center. It’s the region’s first and only one.
- Our groundbreaking research. We are nationally recognized for our scientific and clinical research and our clinical trials.
- Our comprehensive care. We serve both physical and mental health needs, and our facilities range from outpatient to long-term acute care, with everything in between.