At the Center for Reproductive Health, we understand that the cost of fertility treatment can be overwhelming.
For this very reason, we have staff dedicated to financial counseling. We are committed to working with each individual patient or couple to research and understand the many options available for financing fertility treatment. Our financial counselors will assist you in assessing:
- Insurance Coverage
- Fertility Financing Options
- Charitable Organizations
Our goal is to ease your mind regarding the cost of treatment and payment options so you can focus on having a baby. To learn more, contact our financial counselor at (513) 475-7600 to ask about your options and these programs.
The Center for Reproductive Health accepts a variety of health insurance plans. Insurance coverage for fertility treatments is different for each individual or couple. The degree of coverage varies among providers and is dependent on each individual’s specific insurance plan. Most health insurance plans cover only “medically necessary” procedures. We encourage you to research your insurance coverage thoroughly before beginning your fertility evaluation or treatment by contacting either your employer’s human resources department or your insurance company directly to request an explanation and a copy of specific benefits. It is important to distinguish the difference between diagnostic testing and fertility treatment. Most plans give a clear explanation of whether diagnostic testing for fertility is covered versus treatment. Plans should also clearly list the dollar amount of coverage as well as exclusions. Once you have confirmed your benefits, it is best to obtain a predetermination letter outlining the extent of coverage, particularly for more expensive treatments such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). While our financial counselors can assist with the process, determining coverage is the responsibility of the insured.
The following is a list of questions that are useful when contacting your insurance carrier.
- Do I have coverage for diagnostic testing for fertility ?
- Do I have coverage for treatment of fertility ?
- Do I need a referral or prior authorization from my primary care physician before visiting my reproductive specialist?
- Do I have a lifetime maximum of benefits for fertility treatment? If so, what is the amount and does this amount include medications?
- Do I have coverage for fertility drugs (Clomid, Follistim, Bravelle, Menopur, etc)?
- If so, do I need prior authorization for these drugs?
- If prior authorization is required, how and where do I obtain this?
- Are there specific pharmacies that participate with my insurance plan?
- Do I have a lifetime maximum for fertility drugs?
- Does my plan include coverage for artificial insemination (IUI)?
- If intra uterine insemination (IUI) is a covered service, do I need a separate prior authorization for this procedure?
- Does my plan include coverage for Advanced Reproductive Technologies such as IVF, GIFT, or Zift?
- If IVF is a covered service, do I need a separate prior authorization for this procedure?
The Center for Reproductive Health is pleased to introduce a new program to help ease the financial burden often associated with fertility treatments. Our compassionate, highly-individualized approach to patient care by our team of board certified, fellowship trained professionals, has helped thousands of patients build happy, healthy families. What’s Included?*
- Saline Sonohysterogram/Trial Transfer
- Cycle monitoring
- Office and telephone visits
- Cycle review/management
- Blood work
- Embryo or oocyte freezing for 12 Months
- Fertility Preferred covers women using their own oocytes and donor oocytes
- IVF retrieval and transfer, including all associated surgical, lab, and storage services
- For patients who qualify to participate in the Fertility Preferred Program, the second cycle is free if the first does not result in a live birth.
*Terms and Conditions apply, contact for details
The Center for Reproductive Health offers Global Cash Discount Packages to patients or couples to help offset the cost for those who do not have insurance coverage for fertility treatment. These packages provide an affordable, inclusive fee for both intra uterine insemination cycles (IUI) as well as in vitro fertilizationcycles (IVF). If you do not have insurance coverage and are interested in undergoing intra uterine insemination (IUI) or in vitro fertilization (IVF) at the Center for Reproductive Health, contact our financial counselor at (513) 475-7600 to ask about your IUI or IVF costs and our discount packages.
CareCredit is a health care credit card that provides low monthly payments and allows you to start treatment immediately upon approval. It is an alternative to the typical loan program providing credit lines ranging from $1 to $25,000. With CareCredit, you can get a no-interest payment plan if paid in full within 6, 12, 18 or 24 months on purchases with your CareCredit card. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional balance, including optional charges, is not paid in full within 6, 12, 18 or 24 months or if you make a late payment. Minimum monthly payments required. To learn more or apply online, visit www.CareCredit.com or contact its customer service representatives at (866) 893-7864.
The Gordon Gift of Life Foundation was established in 1995 by Madeline Gordon to help couples with fertility problems. The foundation was established to help defray the costs associated with in vitro fertilization (IVF) procedures in couples with financial need and is operated in cooperation with the Center for Reproductive Health and The Christ Hospital. The following are a list of criteria to be considered for the Gordon Gift of Life Foundation.
- The couple has no children together.
- The couple has undergone no previous IVF cycles.
- The couple requires IVF.
- The couple has a combined family income of less than $70,000.
- The couple is in good health.
- The couple resides within 10 to 15 miles of the I-275 loop around the Greater Cincinnati area.
To learn more visit gordongiftoflife.org
Depending on income, eligible, self-pay patients may save either 50% or 75% off the self-pay price of medications. Eligible patients can use the program for multiple cycles during each year. In addition, eligible veterans will save at least 25% off their medications. Please click on the link below to find the application and additional information regarding Compassionate Care.
To learn more visit EMDSeronoCompassionateCare.com
The Center for Reproductive Health has partnered with the Lance Armstrong LIVESTRONG Foundation’s Sharing Hope Program, which was created to provide educational, moral and financial support to patients and couples who want to preserve their fertility. The program allows our center to provide discounted services and donated medications for those who qualify. For more information or to apply for assistance visit www.Livestrong.org. Back to top