Daniel Drake Outpatient Rehabilitation at West Chester is located in West Chester, Ohio, in the Medical Office Building of West Chester Hospital. We offer the following high-quality outpatient services:
- Physical therapy— can help patients through the use of a combination of equipment, exercise and hands on techniques reduce pain, increase flexibility and strength, improve mobility and endurance, restore function and promote a return to the highest level of activity possible, with a plan to prevent future injuries.
- Occupational therapy— can help patients get stronger and more flexible; relearn skills for daily living activities; use adaptive equipment when needed; maximize abilities for self-care, work, and leisure, and develop a home program to maintain their gains from therapy.
- Speech-language pathology— can help patients relearn how to talk; find alternative ways to communicate; relearn safe swallowing skills; rebuild their thinking, memory, and problem-solving skills and optimize recovery with a plan to maintain their gains from therapy.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation – an exercise and wellness program for people who have, or are at high risk for heart conditions. Cardiac rehab helps patients gradually increase their exercise levels in a safe environment, with monitoring and oversight by trained medical professionals.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation – an exercise and wellness program specifically designed for those with chronic pulmonary conditions. Pulmonary rehab helps individuals with exercises that will increase their mobility and independence for daily activities while being monitored and supervised by trained medical professionals. The program teaches patients to: learn correct breathing and relaxation techniques to breathe more efficiently; increase awareness of capabilities; improve strength, stamina and energy levels; improve self-confidence; and develop a sense of well- being.
- Pelvic Floor Disorders – Pelvic health physical therapists are often the problem-solvers that gynecologists, obstetricians, urologists, urogynecology, pain management, colorectal surgeons, midwife groups or birthing centers, and primary care physicians call when confronted with a gender-specific medical problem, like discomfort during sexual intercourse, after childbirth or while going to the bathroom. Our program offers innovative treatments and therapies, helping women regain their well-being and once again enjoy active, satisfying lives.