Blood and Bone Marrow Cancers
Hematologic malignancies (also known as blood and bone cancers) are cancers that affect the blood, bone marrow and lymphatic system. These cancers begin in blood-forming tissue such as the bone marrow or in the cells of the immune system.
The UC Cancer Institute Hematologic Malignancies Center offers a unique treatment strategy not available at other medical centers around the United States. Treatments range from close monitoring and observation to innovative anti-myeloma drugs and high-dose therapy with autologous stem cell transplantation.
Why Choose UC Health
The UC Cancer Institute Hematologic Malignancies Center offers the most advanced care in the Tristate region for cancers of the blood and bone marrow. We create personalized treatment plans that include conventional treatment and/or integrative medicine alternatives.
Our Hematologic Malignancies Center is the where you’ll find:
- Two advanced-trained bone marrow transplant physicians who are supported by highly trained and experienced hematology/oncology and bone marrow transplant physicians and clinicians
- The only amyloid specialist in the five-state region
- Vast experience with most common types of hematologic malignancies and renowned expertise in rare forms of the disease, including amyloidosis
- Patient-centered care care model that relies on engaging the patient and family in every important aspect of treatment, including discussions of medical therapies and care locations
- A holistic approach that considers our patients’ medical, social, economic, psychological and spiritual well-being
- A multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, cancer educators, insurance care managers and other specialists who work with patients to create a personalized care plan customized to each patient’s unique needs, personal goals and values
- Care coordination among medical specialists and integrative medicine experts
- Expertise backed by the latest discovery-driven medical concepts, research studies and clinical trials only available at major academic health centers
We are accessible to our patients and referring physicians 24/7, 365 days a year.
Accreditations and Credentials
Our infusion center is a Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) accredited facility that provides a multidisciplinary approach to treatment in one location.